Looking to add a new twist to your summer menu? We’ve got a fresh, seasonal, and colorful option to up the nutrition, fun, and flavor: beets!
Beets are a good source of folate, a naturally occurring B vitamin used to create new cells and potassium, and useful in maintaining a healthy blood pressure. Recently beets have also been credited as benefiting cardiovascular fitness. Their nutritional profile is hard to beat—they’re free of fat and cholesterol, and low in sodium. Plus, there’s nothing quite like the earthy sweetness they bring to the table.
Looking for some new and exciting ways to incorporate more beets into your diet? Salus® Red Beet Crystals (US/CA) pack a powerful, healthful, and convenient punch. In fact, each 200 g jar contains the equivalent of 5.5 pounds of fresh, organic red beets, making them an ideal way to harness the power of beets.
Our fresh summer favorite? Try this Red Beet Lemonade:
Lemonade with Honey & Red Beet Crystals
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 6 cups filtered water
- 2 tbsp. Red Beet Crystals
- In a blender, combine raw honey and lemon juice.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds. This quickly emulsifies the lemon and honey and enables the cook to preserve the beneficial enzymes and delicate nature of unpasteurized raw honey.
- Add water and beet crystals to the blender.
- Pulse until combined.
- Chill and serve over ice.
Recipe adapted from www.organicspark.com