Heading out into the great outdoors this summer to enjoy some quality time connecting with family, friends, and mother nature? Summertime is the perfect time to take to the outdoors and enjoy the best of the season.
Whether you hit the road to do some hiking or camping, or head out for a day on the water, it’s important to stay fueled while you’re on the go. Therefore, we’ve put together a list of some simple, healthful, and delicious snacks to do just that.
Trail Mix with Flora Goji Berries & Baobites
Nothing beats a good trail mix when out on the road. Make your own and pick your favorite nuts, seeds, and dried fruits. Add these to the mix to keep your taste buds happy and your body working optimally. Our favorite trail mix addition? Heaven Mountain™ Goji Berries are plump, juicy, and naturally sweet, with an extraordinary and balanced phytonutrient profile. Used for thousands of years in Traditional Chinese Medicine, the goji berry has long been prized for its beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, betaine, polysaccharides, trace minerals, and vitamin content. Furthermore, they taste great!
Pack along these delicious bites for a boost of fiber, electrolytes, and antioxidants when you’re on the move. Flora Baobites (US/CA) are a wild-harvested superfruit snack made with 100% pure, organic baobab fruit powder and fruit concentrates. Plus, they are free of fats and preservatives. Furthermore, they’re sustainably and ethically harvested, so you can feel good when you pack them on your next summer adventure.
No-Bake Red Beet Energy Balls
Bring the benefit of beets, plus essential fatty acids, on your next adventure with Red Beet Crystals (US/CA). Our No-Bake Red Beet Energy Balls bring together this unique ingredient with Udo’s Choice Green Blend (US/CA), Udo’s Oil 3+6+9 Blend (US/CA), and sweet Manuka Honey (US/CA). Plus, they take minutes to make and keep for a week when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 1 cup small seeds such as sesame, flax, or hemp
- 2 Tbsp. Udo’s Choice Green Blend
- 4 Tbsp. Salus Red Beet Crystals
- 1 cup nut butter (or nuts of your choice to grind into a thick paste)
- 2 Tbsp. Udo’s Oil Omega 3+6+9 Blend
- Manuka Honey, to taste
- Coconut shreds, cocoa or more hemp hearts/sesame - for rolling
- Pulse seeds for about 2 minutes in grinder or food processor. Put them in a large bowl with green blend and beet crystals. Stir everything until mixed. Blend dry ingredients and nut butter in the processor or by hand until blended - 2-3 minutes should do. Add Udo’s Oil a little at a time and continue to blend. At this point, the mixture should come together.
- Check the texture and try to form it into balls. The taste may be pretty rich.
- If it is too crumbly, blend longer or add more oil, or some Manuka Honey to taste. Make sure not to add too much or they will be too oily or sticky to the touch. Beet crystals add sweet and salty flavor, greens add earthy bitterness if you make them too sweet.
- Once the taste is balanced, form into balls and roll balls in finely shredded coconut, hemp hearts, sesame seeds, or cocoa powder. Place in a parchment-lined container and refrigerate.