Make your loved one’s heart beet this Valentine’s Day! This Strawberry Beet Smoothie recipe is equal parts delicious and nutritious! Smoothies are a great way to incorporate omegas into your diet.
- Makes about 2 cups or 16 oz. (1-2 servings)
- • 10-12 frozen strawberries
- • 1 small or medium raw red beet (or Red Beet Crystals )
- • 2 tbsp. Udo’s Choice 3•6•9 Oil Blend
- • A handful of goji berries (optional)
- • ½ medium lemon (preferably Meyer), juiced
- • 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced or finely grated
- • ½ cup of cold water
- Combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth.
Udo’s Oil™ 3·6·9 Blend supplies omega-3 and omega-6 EFAs in a 2:1 ratio. It is a special formulation of natural, unrefined oils from fresh, certified organic flax, sunflower, sesame, and evening primrose seeds as well as oils from coconut, rice, and bran.
This formula is the result of many years of scientific study by world-renowned nutrition expert Udo Erasmus, author of the best-selling book, Fats That Heal Fats That Kill. Udo’s research over the years indicates that the best results come consistently from oils blended to be richer in omega-3 than omega-6, in a 2:1 ratio.