Written by guest blogger: Jill Anenberg Lawrence www.jillanenberg.com
I know, I know, you wish you were talking about Justin Timberlake’s new song, “Can’t Stop the Feeling.” Unfortunately, that’s the phrase you’re using to describe your UTI to the Doctor. How did you even get this bacteria brothel in your bladder? Most females can’t help but blurt out “cranberry juice and yogurt” before you even finish T-I.
So what are the sure-fire symptoms you’re cha-cha is on fire with a urinary tract infection…aka UTI?
1) Has someone swapped out your pee with cactus?
2) For some torturous reason the urge to go never goes away.
3) Your stomach is sore but, weird…yesterday was leg day.
4) You didn’t have asparagus so why does your urine stink?
Calling out an SOS on my UTI?
Flora’s got your back…well actually your, never mind, with Cran-Essence Complete Urinary Tract Formula (US/CA). Move over boring high-sugar cranberry juice we’ve got the cran plus 9 health-promoting herbs in this bad boy! These herbs are a natural diuretic and turn the switch on the urethra water slide! Yep helping flush the bladder and urethra of unwanted bacteria. Think of cranberry as our body’s landlord. It inhibits microbes from becoming squatters that don’t pay rent on the lining of our urinary and intestinal tracts.
But Jill, what else helps like right now?
I got you sister!
• Place a heating pad or hot water bottle on your sore tummy.
• Stay away from foods that are the bod’s irritating younger brother: alcohol, caffeine, simple sugars, carbonated beverages, spicy foods, and chocolate.
• Quit smoking as it irritates your bladder (and kills).
• This is no time for sexy panties—cotton my friend. They are comfy and let your downstairs neighbor breathe.
Jill I hate UTI’s, how can I prevent this from happening again?
• This feels like a no-brainer but wipe front to back to prevent bacteria from spreading.
• For so many healthy reasons, drink a lot of water. Keep the pipes clean and flowing.
• In the alphabet what comes after O? P! After sex and the big O, get up and pee. It will prevent a UTI and keep you out of the doctor’s office and between the sheets.
• Keep a bottle of Cran-Essence on hand and supplement as needed.
Your new favorite cocktail is water with a splash of Cran-Essence. Cheers and say goodbye to that darn UTI!