Trick or treat? Why choose when you can have both! Trick your taste buds with these haunted Halloween marshmallow monsters combined with Flora’s fermented greens. They’re a scary good Halloween party treat.
Flora’s Green Blend (US) / Beyond Greens (CA) is a combination of fermented grasses and greens designed to help you get an extra dose of leafy greens and vegetables. These Halloween goodies transform regular rice krispie treats into your favorite green monster—all depending on how you decorate. These speckled green party treats are just as easy as they are fun to make.
The greatest trick of all? Even though they’re scary (and cute), they bring you one step closer to your daily dose of greens. Take that, Halloween candy!
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 10 oz. marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 scoops Flora Green Blend (US) / Beyond Greens (CA)
- Chocolate and/or red candy melting chips
- Candy eyes and edible decorations of your choosing
- 10 popsicle sticks
- Melt the butter in a large pot and add the marshmallows. Stir until melted.
- Add Green Blend and stir until well combined
- Add rice cereal and stir to combine.
- Press rice cereal flat into a greased 9 x 13 baking sheet and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cut into squares.
- Insert popsicle sticks into the side of each square
- Melt chocolate/melting chips according the package directions.
- To make a zombie, dip the tops of the treats into melted chocolate. Before the chocolate cools, turn the treat right side up again to get a drip effect. Lay on a sheet of wax paper
- Use a small dot of melted chocolate to glue on the candy eyes.
- Fill a resealable zipper storage bag with the remaining melted chocolate and snip an end off. Now you can pipe a mouth onto your monster and draw on stitches!
- Let the monster treats sit for about 20 minutes undisturbed or until the chocolate had hardened and finish decorating as desired.