If fall were a flavor, it would undoubtedly be pumpkin spice.
Keep your kitchen festive and healthy this year by incorporating pumpkin spice in a new way: cooking with pumpkin seed oil! Rich in omega-6 and -9, this cold-pressed culinary oil is just what the season—and your body—call for.
While pumpkin spice sips and sweets may automatically put you in a festive mood, most of the recipes out there are chock full of bad fats and sugars.
This goes double for the most famous fall drink of all: the pumpkin spice latte. Loaded with saturated fats and sugars at most local coffee shops, the pumpkin spice latte is a holiday indulgence that your body will definitely not be thanking you for later.
Our healthy answer to the infamous favorite: Pumpkin Spice Almond Milk Latte using Flora’s Pumpkin Seed Oil (US/CA). Substituting regular bulletproof MCT oil for our pumpkin seed oil, our Pumpkin Spice Almond Milk Latte gives you all the benefits of a regular bulletproof latte with the seasonal, healthy boost of omega-rich pumpkin oil.
From boosting your mood to promoting heart health, fighting inflammation* and giving you a huge hit of antioxidant-rich beta-carotene, pumpkin seed oil’s benefits on your health are vast. So get sipping on that holiday-flavor you won’t feel guilty about.
Not a fan of bulletproof lattes or looking for another way to get the most out of pumpkin seed oil?
While our hydro-therm Pumpkin Seed Oil (US/CA) is perfect drizzled over seasonal soups and mixed into fall salad dressings, it also works wonders in baked goods and other bulletproof drinks (not just lattes) as a substitute for regular MCT oils or baking oils. Here’s to a pumpkin-filled season!
- 1 ½ cup almond milk (or other alternative milk)
- 4 cups brewed organic coffee
- 2 tbsp. organic pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp. Flora Pumpkin Seed Oil (US/CA)
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter or ghee
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp. sugar substitute to taste (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Over medium heat, simmer for approximately five minutes. Stir well to evenly blend spices and oils.
- Pour coffee and pumpkin spice mixture from saucepan to a high-speed blender and blend on high for 45 seconds until creamy and frothy.
- Add sugar substitute or natural sweetener of your choice to taste (optional).
Hillary Eaton is a Los Angeles based food and travel writer whose work has appeared in such publications as VICE, Food & Wine, Refinery 29, Complex and Los Angeles Times.
*These statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.