While we all enjoy a nice healthy salad or fruit-packed smoothie as much as the next person, let’s be real for a second. Finding something that tastes really good and still manages to be legitimately healthy can sometimes feel like the world’s most difficult problem. But your new favorite healthy-but-tastes-delicious dish is just a scroll away. Thanks to the mother-daughter team behind L.A.’s Bites and Bashes, you can now enjoy the zesty zing of falafel fritters packed with protein, antioxidant-rich garbanzo beans and spiked with a hearty helping of veggies thanks to Flora Green Blend (US) / Beyond Greens (CA). Looking for something vegan? This vegetarian dish can easily go vegan by omitting the tzatziki.
- 1 gallon cooked garbanzo beans
- 2 tbs ground sumac
- 2 tbs granulated onion
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 4 tbs fresh garlic
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs za’atar
- 2 cups fresh parsley
- 2 cups fresh cilantro
- 2 cups fresh mint
- 2 tbs Flora Green Blend fermented greens
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
- Flora olive oil
- Pickled vegetables, for topping
- Tzatziki, for topping (optional)
- Puree garbanzo beans and combine with seasonings, herbs, Green Blend, and water.
- Form into 2-inch patties and fry in olive oil until golden brown.
- Serve with tzatziki and pickled vegetables.