In this mask recipe, mānuka honey is paired with the free-radical-fighting and antioxidant-rich matcha tea powder, the calming and cleansing qualities of oatmeal and the soothing power of aloe for a combination that can refresh and revitalize aging and/or dry skin.
For more information on how manuka honey benefits the skin, see our first post in the series.
- 1 tbsp. Flora Mānuka Honey MGO 250+/10+ UMF or higher
- 1 tsp. matcha powder
- 1 tsp. oats
- ¼ inch sliver of fresh aloe, scraped and mashed or ½ tsp. aloe vera gel (optional)
- In a blender, grind oats into a fine powder.
- Combine mānuka honey, matcha, fine ground oatmeal and aloe in a small dish, and stir to make a thick paste. Add a bit more matcha or ground oatmeal if the mixture is too wet. If it is too dry, add a little more mānuka honey.
- Apply the mask to the skin with your fingers or a mask applicator. Allow the mask to sit for at least 15-30 minutes. Rinse well and repeat 2 to 3 times per week.
Three more face mask recipes are coming over the next few weeks. Stay tuned!