This dish is a light and bright take on slaw. Taking advantage of all kinds of flavors, it’s sweet, tangy and juicy. Our fall slaw features autumn apples fresh from the Pacific Northwest and farmer’s market root veg the colors of fall foliage.
- 1/4 C sesame seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 T Flora Apple Cider Vinegar Wellness Shot - Ginger & Lemon Flavor (US/CA)
- 2 T Flora Pumpkin Seed Oil (US)
- 3 heirloom carrots in a variety of colors
- 1 apple (pick a crisp-tart variety)
- 1/3 C Salad toppers/mixed seeds such as sesame, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds
- Grind the sesame seeds with a mortar and pestle. Add a clove of garlic and muddle until well mashed.
- Add in the apple cider vinegar and oil, and mix. Set aside to let the flavours meld.
- Using a mandolin or knife, slice the carrots into matchsticks. Then, slice the apple.
- Mix together in a bowl and dress, tossing to coat.
- Add the seeds and season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy right away.
- (Feel like something toasty? Gently toast your seeds before topping your salad.)