A friend of mine made some cozy butternut squash soup for our dinner party the other night. It was so delicious, I knew I had to give it a go. Plus, I’ll take any excuse to whip out my Vitamix. This recipe is 100 percent foolproof!
- 1 butternut squash, cubed
- 1 tbsp Flora Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2 c red onion, chopped and lightly sauteed in extra virgin olive oil to cut the bitterness
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 3 c vegetable broth
- Arrange squash cubes on a greased baking sheet and drizzle with Flora olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes at 400*.
- Let squash cool, then add to blender with remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and hot temperature or move to stove top to heat.
- Sprinkle with toppings and serve!
I drizzled tahini and sprinkled roasted pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and red pepper flakes for a crunch and a kick.
The squash can be cut into larger pieces, but 1-inch cubes roast faster and are ideal for using in a blender! I also do not remove the skin, it’s full of nutrients, I can’t handle the hassle, and my Vitamix can destroy anything.
I like my soup thick.. add more broth for a thinner consistency!