I get a lot of questions about my favorite superfoods and smoothie add-ins, so I thought I’d start sharing about some of them!
I’ve been a fan of Flora’s products for years now, from supplements to superfoods and oils. I got to try a few of their products, like their Green Blend (US) / Beyond Greens (CA) powder—great for morning smoothies—and their Udo’s Oil Blend (US/CA), full of omega-3 and -6 fatty acids.
The one I’ve fallen in love with the most is Salus Red Beet Crystals.
Each 200-gram jar contains 15 cups of organic beets—so amazing! While the crystals can be added to water or smoothies, I decided to switch things up and add them to a warming drink!
Introducing the Beetroot Steamer
Packed with vitamins B & C, minerals, fiber, and manganese—which is so good for your liver and bones!
Don’t let the word beetroot freak you out! It’s such a subtle and naturally sweet flavor alongside coconut milk and raw honey.
- 2 tbsp Salus Red Beet Crystals (US/CA)
- 1/4 cup water - around 170°, not boiling
- 1 cup of good coconut milk - around 170°, not boiling
- Drop of raw honey
- Add the beet crystals to a mug and your pour hot water over them. Stir to dissolve.
- Add in raw honey to taste! A little drop will do as the beet crystals are naturally sweet.
- Froth your coconut milk - get it nice and creamy! I love using those little electric frothing whisks.
- Carefully pour your coconut milk over the beets, and that's it! Sip, savor & enjoy!