Make it your own! This Baobites (US/CA) Scones recipe will work with your favorite oat flour, all-purpose or whole wheat pastry flour, demarera, turbinado or granulated sugar, Himalayan or sea salt, plain or flavored yogurts or half yogurt/half milk of your choice, and coconut oil instead of butter. OR TRY ADDING 1 TSP. LEMON ZEST AT STEP 5 OR VANILLA AT STEP 6!
YOU’LL NEED: A baking sheet, bowl, knife, and spoon. Cooking spray, parchment paper or foil. Bonus: A pastry cutter.
Simply Delicious Baobites Scones
- 1 1/2 -2 c flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. sugar, plus some to sprinkle on top
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp. chilled butter
- 1 c. Flora Baobites in your favorite flavor
- 1 c. Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 425 F. It’s hand washing time!
- Cover a baking sheet in parchment paper, foil, or cooking spray.
- Combine flours, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl. A whisk works best.
- Slice butter and drop into dry ingredients. If you have a pastry cutter, use it to cut the butter into the flour. If you don’t have a pastry cutter, use a knife to cut the butter into tiny pieces and mix it into the flour.
- Add Baobites and gently stir. Use a spoon for this part.
- Gently mix in yogurt and use hands to knead the last of the flour into the dough.
- Form dough into a circle one inch deep and cut into 8 slices.
- Lift each slice and place separately on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the scone tops with a bit of sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light brown. Make tea while you wait!
Recipe by: Dana Remedios, Holistic Nutritionist