Replacing traditional hummus made with chickpeas and tahini with a rich dip made with artichokes turns up the detoxifying, slimming, and liver-supportive properties and turns down the starches and harmful lectins. Great for cleansing in any season!
- 2 cups chopped artichoke hearts
- 14 oz. cooked white beans
- ¼ cup Flora Pumpkin Seed Oil (US/CA)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced/pressed
- juice and zest from 2 lemons
- salt and cayenne or pepper to taste
- Place the white beans, artichoke hearts, and 1 clove of garlic in a food processor and process until fairly smooth. It may help to work in batches and add oil in a bit at a time.
- With the motor still running, slowly drizzle in the Flora Pumpkin Seed Oil.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and remaining clove of garlic, seasoning to taste with salt and paprika and cayenne or black pepper, blending and tasting until the right balance is achieved.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled with a few tablespoons of minced parsley.
Dip can be kept refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Inspired by Pinch of Yum.