To celebrate October and the whole Pumpkin Spice Latte craze, we’ve combined apple and pumpkin—two of our favorite autumn foods—along with fresh turmeric, Udo’s Oil, ginger, and cinnamon. Not only will this smoothie hydrate and nourish your body, but wait until you see what your skin feels like afterward!
- ½ c. pumpkin puree
- 1 whole apple
- 1 ½ c. almond milk
- 2 tbsp. Udo’s Oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh turmeric
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Cut one small pumpkin into quarters and scrape out seeds.
- Place pumpkin on a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 350 *F for 45 minutes until fork-tender.
- Remove pieces from oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Scrape pumpkin “meat” from skin and blend, adding a bit of water if needed for puree.
- Set aside ½ cup puree for the smoothie, and freeze or refrigerate the remaining puree.
- In a blender, mix all smoothie ingredients and serve.